Developing 21st Century Writers
The Galloway School believes strong writing and communication skills will open doors to many possibilities. Good writers develop their craft over time. Galloway is committed to developing proficient writers who are well-prepared to write for a variety of purposes using varied writing structures and styles. Galloway students begin each day writing. Teachers follow a school-wide calendar to ensure all writing genres are taught within a prescribed timeframe with sufficient time for publication.
The Galloway writing program is built around the National Council for Teachers of English writing standards and Lucy Calkin’s Writers Workshop. Students receive daily writing instruction in the classroom via the Writer's Workshop model, which takes writing instruction to a deeper level with weekly mini-lessons that emphasize a specific writing convention or strategy.
- New Admissions Open House on May 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st
- May 11 PTO General Meeting
- May 12 Join us for Mother's Day Tea
- May 15- May 19 Williamsburg Trip
- May 25 Upper School Spring Program
- May 25 Kindergarten Graduation Ceremony
- May 25 1st and 2nd Grade Awards Ceremony
- May 29 Memorial Day - No School
- May 30 3rd and 4th Grade Awards Ceremony
- May 30 5th Grade Graduation
- May 31 Water Day
- June 1 End of Year class parties, talent show AND Last day of school